A collection of things I find to be interesting reading for mathematics instructors.
- The Problem of Learning to Teach by Halmos, Moise and Piranian (you need jstor access)
- Paul Lockhart’s Lament
- Bill Thurston
- Schoenfeld on the The Math Wars
- Darryl Yong’s Adventures in Teaching
- Number Theory Through Inquiry by Marshall, O’Dell & Starbird
- 5 Elements of Effective Thinking by Burger and Starbird
- The Age of Wonder by Richard Holmes
- The Calculus Trap at the Art of Problem Solving
- What do grad students in math do all day? by Yasha Berchenko-Kogan
- Fawn Nguyen on “walking around the house naked”
- Proofs and Refutations by Imre Lakatos (Thanks to Patrick Honner for the suggestion.)
- “Ten Lessons…” for differential equations teachers by Gian-Carlo Rota
- The Extreme Moore Method by Tim McNicholl
And the list will grow.